Internship & Full-time Job Program Description
Rockbund Art Museum offers non-paid internship opportunities for domestic and international college and graduate students. The objective of the internship program is to offer practical museum training experience to individuals interested in pursuing careers in the study of contemporary art or art museum administration, and to facilitate the communication between Rockbund Art Museum and other academic institutions.
Full-time applicants are eligible to apply for a job. All interested college or university seniors or graduate students with relevant majors are eligible to apply for an internship. Contemporary art lovers and those who are interested in pursuing art administrative works may also apply.
3. Internship Periods
Six Months: at least 3-4 days per week
Twelve Months: at least 2-3 days per week
* Those who have special reasons can apply to terminate the internship in advance with the consent of the library, but the internship certificate will not be issued if the internship is less than 500 hours.
4. Divisional Descriptions
Below are brief descriptions of the divisions at Rockbund Art Museum.
Internship: Administration Team (1 person)
Your work includes but is not limited to
1) Assistance in administrative affairs in the library (data filing, express mail delivery);
2) Office environment maintenance (equipment maintenance, art books sorting);
3) Intern attendance registration and summary;
4) Department employee reimbursement;
5) Reception, registration and guidance of visitors or interviewers;
6) Reservations for travel, wine, cars, etc.;
7) Perform other tasks assigned by the department.
* Having the following skills is a plus: English, office software, design software skills, legal, financial, personnel knowledge
5. Application Procedure
Please send your resume & the collection of independently completed design works in recent two years to the following email address. Please indicate "name + full-time designer" in the email subject. We will contact you by email or phone as soon as possible:
*Specific salary and benefits related to the principal position will be interviewed with the applicant during the interview.
Perspective interns submit a hard copy of application and all supporting materials→ The museum review completed applications →Selected applicants will be contacted to arrange interviews → Notify the applicants about the acceptance or rejection. After the procedure is completed, successful applicants will start their internships on assigned positions.
*Please prepare the following documents and mail to us before the deadlines:
1) Rockbund Art Museum application form (Download)
2) 1 letter of recommendation from the university or college
3) Personal Statement/Resume/curriculum vitae and internship Proposal (please state your goals and objectives in obtaining this internship)
4) List of relevant coursework/modules undertaken; international applicants should also provide proofs demonstrating proficiency in Chinese
5) Photocopies of Transcript
6) Photocopies of Identification, passport, or student identification.
7) A 1’’ portrait photo.
* Please mail or send the application materials to:
1) Email Address
2) Mailing address
Shanghai Rockbund Art Museum
20 Huqiu Road, Huangpu District,
1). Each intern will be assigned a departmental supervisor by the museum. Supervisors will assess interns, based on their participation in projects, and their objectives, performances, journals, researches and reports completed in the internship.
2). Interns should submit internship reports including suggestions before completing the internship. The report should be more than three thousands words.
3). Upon completion of the internship, the museum will issue interns official internship certificates and evaluations.
1). The museum does not issue internship certificates for those who worked for less than 300 hours.
2). Materials gained from the museum during the internship (including internship reports) are not allowed to be published without the museum’s permission.
3). Interns should complete the internship properly and according to the museum’s required days and hours. If interns disparage museum’s reputation during their service, the museum reserves the right to terminate the interns’ position and notify their affiliated schools.
Museum Contact: Miss Xie
Tel: 86 21 6321 6275