mNow, the RAM is standing up like "little giant" in the complex landscape of Shanghai's art and culture scene. It has become veritable forum for public debates and, of course, a major showcase of some most remarkable artists from both China and the world. Its professionalism and quality of production are unique and exemplary in today's China where tens of new museums are being founded.
- Hou Hanru, Artistic Director, MAXXI, Rome
Department: Marketing and development
- Under the guidance of the museum development strategies and of the directors’ visions, formulate and implement annual development plans;
- Research for funding opportunities, write fundraising/sponsorship proposals and communicate to targeted funder/sponsor/partner;
- Build, maintain and consolidate connections with existing and potential patrons, donors, sponsors, government and corporate partners by both personal and professional networking;
- Invent and organize meetings and events as platforms for bringing funding and networking.
- Excellent communication skills in both speaking and writing, in Chinese and in English;
- Mature but also active in personality; willing to take challenges;
- Able to take full responsibility and new initiatives;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a cultural institution.
2-Exhibition engineering specialist
Department: Operation team
- Museum and Office Mechanical and electrical facilities management, including the operation of electrical equipment system, transportation equipment system, environmental control system, lightning protection device, safety monitoring system and environmental detection device.
- Exhibition equipment and tools management, including lighting, acoustics, video, lift, etc.
- Check the above property and exhibition facilities, arrange routine maintenance, timely repair and rectification; Deal with warranty tasks.
- Provide technical solutions for exhibitions, activities or works according to the requirements of exhibitions and artists.
- Responsible for the installation and operation of the exhibition and activity site equipment to ensure the optimal operation status.
- Contact with property companies and external professional service providers to provide technical assistance and consultation for art gallery projects and activities.
- College degree or above.
- Have high electrical and low voltage operation certificate
- 2 years experience in the management and maintenance of electrical equipment in the property.
Experience in exhibition engineering is preferred
- Adapt to shift work
- Be steadfast, responsible and willing to accept challenges.
- Pay five social insurance and one housing fund in accordance with the law and provide competitive remuneration
- Year-end bonus (according to year-end performance evaluation)
- Enjoy social security at the expiration of the probation period
- Age subsidy, communication subsidy, overtime allowance, meal stickers
- Paid vacation: enjoy all kinds of paid vacation and annual leave
- Exclusive employee benefits
- Staff activities: department dinners, holiday gifts, annual meetings, birthday benefits, etc
- Flexible working time and humanistic working atmosphere
- Pre-job training and professional training
- Good development space and promotion opportunities
3- Customer Service Specialist (part-time)
Department: Operation team
Please send your C.V. and cover letter in both CN and EN to the following email:
Please note in the subject of the mail "Name+Postion applied"
For 5 years RAM has been at the fore-front of the growing contemporary art scene in China, presenting world-class programmes in a unique museum setting. A boutique Museum of the upmost quality, RAM holds a unique position within Shanghai’s continually expanding cultural scene. The Museum is located within the Bund district and housed in an exquisite heritage Art Deco building which was renovated by architect David Chipperfield before opening in 2010.
The museum’s exemplary curatorial, education and research programmes showcase acclaimed and emerging Chinese and international artists, responding to and reflecting on present and urgent challenges of society locally and internationally. RAM presents a bold and pioneering programme of 3 exhibitions per year; exploring and realising artists’ most ambitious projects and working with them to tailor exhibitions to the Museum and to the Shanghai context, often with a large proportion of works being new commissions.