Now, the RAM is standing up like "little giant" in the complex landscape of Shanghai's art and culture scene. It has become veritable forum for public debates and, of course, a major showcase of some most remarkable artists from both China and the world. Its professionalism and quality of production are unique and exemplary in today's China where tens of new museums are being founded.
- Hou Hanru, Artistic Director, MAXXI, Rome
1- Operation Specialist
Department: Operation team
- Audience services: including reception, ticketing and sales, daily receivables settlement and summary.
- Operation: ensure the normal operation order of the museum, and be able to deal with any emergency.
- Art shops and cafes: including product display, inventory management, commodity settlement, procurement and management of coffee shop consumables.
- Membership system: includes member file management, member correspondence copy editor, activity execution.
- Volunteer and intern: including recruitment and training, daily management, cost settlement and payment, activity planning and implementation.
· Administrative work within the department: including document processing, document approval and process, filing, etc.
- lead other deliverables.
- University degree or above
- Able to accept shift work;
- Relevant work or internship experience in art institutions, service industries, cultural and creative agencies, etc. is preferred;
- Interest in arts and cultural activities and creative industries; Have a certain understanding of museum and art shops;
- Be willing to communicate with others, have service awareness, have good interpersonal skills and coordination skills, and have good expression and communication skills;
-Fluent in English listening, speaking, reading and writing;
- Passionate, good at learning, creative, perceptive, resourceful and strong in understanding;
- Be organized, well planned and have a strong sense of time; able to work under pressure;
- Enthusiastic, willing to communicate and share, responsible and team spirit, able to support and cooperate with colleagues to complete tasks.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Social insurance and housing fund as required by law and offer competitive remuneration;
- Bonus (subject to year-end evaluation);
- Social security benefits upon probation;
- working age subsidy, communication subsidy, overtime allowance, meal allowance;
- Paid leave: enjoy all kinds of paid national holidays, annual leave;
-Museum employee welfare;
- Activities: teambuilding, holiday gifts, company annual meetings, birthday benefits, etc.
- Probation training and professional training;
- Good development space and promotion opportunities.
Department: Marketing and development
- Under the guidance of the museum development strategies and of the directors’ visions, formulate and implement annual development plans;
- Research for funding opportunities, write fundraising/sponsorship proposals and communicate to targeted funder/sponsor/partner;
- Build, maintain and consolidate connections with existing and potential patrons, donors, sponsors, government and corporate partners by both personal and professional networking;
- Invent and organize meetings and events as platforms for bringing funding and networking.
- Excellent communication skills in both speaking and writing, in Chinese and in English;
- Mature but also active in personality; willing to take challenges;
- Able to take full responsibility and new initiatives;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a cultural institution.
3- Customer Service Specialist (part-time)
Department: Operation team
Please send your C.V. and cover letter in both CN and EN to the following email:
Please note in the subject of the mail "Name+Postion applied"
For 5 years RAM has been at the fore-front of the growing contemporary art scene in China, presenting world-class programmes in a unique museum setting. A boutique Museum of the upmost quality, RAM holds a unique position within Shanghai’s continually expanding cultural scene. The Museum is located within the Bund district and housed in an exquisite heritage Art Deco building which was renovated by architect David Chipperfield before opening in 2010.
The museum’s exemplary curatorial, education and research programmes showcase acclaimed and emerging Chinese and international artists, responding to and reflecting on present and urgent challenges of society locally and internationally. RAM presents a bold and pioneering programme of 3 exhibitions per year; exploring and realising artists’ most ambitious projects and working with them to tailor exhibitions to the Museum and to the Shanghai context, often with a large proportion of works being new commissions.