mNow, the RAM is standing up like "little giant" in the complex landscape of Shanghai's art and culture scene. It has become veritable forum for public debates and, of course, a major showcase of some most remarkable artists from both China and the world. Its professionalism and quality of production are unique and exemplary in today's China where tens of new museums are being founded.
- Hou Hanru, Artistic Director, MAXXI, Rome
- Participate in the research, development and programming of RAM education projects;
- Responsible for internal and external communication, administrative and logistical arrangements before the launch of the activity;
- Write, edit and proofread RAM education program content and publicity;
- Responsible for on-site organization, equipment and arrangements during the activity;
- Responsible for organizing visits and extensional education activities for schools and groups;
- Participate in the development and maintenance of partners, sponsors, collaborators related to the education platform;
- Assist in the organization of other research, operational, publicity and development activities.
- Bachelor degree or above, no limit on majors. Art Education/Education/Art Management/Museum Bachelor degree or above/experiences in art galleries, public services, educational institutions, and community organizations are preferred.
- Passion for contemporary art and art museums with certain knowledge;
- Open minded, think pro-actively, keen to share and participate;
- Capable of researching, programming and executing activities;
- Good writing skills and verbal expression, communication skills;
- Familiar with office software, able to communicate in English in daily;
- Sense of responsibility and team spirit, able to support and cooperate with colleagues to complete tasks.
Department: Marketing and development
- Under the guidance of the museum development strategies and of the directors’ visions, formulate and implement annual development plans;
- Research for funding opportunities, write fundraising/sponsorship proposals and communicate to targeted funder/sponsor/partner;
- Build, maintain and consolidate connections with existing and potential patrons, donors, sponsors, government and corporate partners by both personal and professional networking;
- Invent and organize meetings and events as platforms for bringing funding and networking.
- Excellent communication skills in both speaking and writing, in Chinese and in English;
- Mature but also active in personality; willing to take challenges;
- Able to take full responsibility and new initiatives;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a cultural institution.
3- Customer Service Specialist (part-time)
Department: Operation team
Please send your C.V. and cover letter in both CN and EN to the following email:
Please note in the subject of the mail "Name+Postion applied"
For 5 years RAM has been at the fore-front of the growing contemporary art scene in China, presenting world-class programmes in a unique museum setting. A boutique Museum of the upmost quality, RAM holds a unique position within Shanghai’s continually expanding cultural scene. The Museum is located within the Bund district and housed in an exquisite heritage Art Deco building which was renovated by architect David Chipperfield before opening in 2010.
The museum’s exemplary curatorial, education and research programmes showcase acclaimed and emerging Chinese and international artists, responding to and reflecting on present and urgent challenges of society locally and internationally. RAM presents a bold and pioneering programme of 3 exhibitions per year; exploring and realising artists’ most ambitious projects and working with them to tailor exhibitions to the Museum and to the Shanghai context, often with a large proportion of works being new commissions.