RAM Free Open Day on Summer Solstice
Jun 20, 2014 Friday 10:00 - 19:00
Rockbund Art Museum (Shanghai 20 Huqiu Road, Huangpu District)
The summer solstice day is coming. For those who do not want to stay at home to hide from the heat, RAM offers a great idea to spend the longest day of the year!
On 20th June, you are warmly invited to join us for a free visit to the exhibition “Advance through Retreat”, and to enjoy a live dance at the museum specially conceived to be in dialogue with the art works on site.
In the spirit of the exhibition Advance through Retreat, the Qi Dance Project presents a live performance - Silent Hands - to explore the intimacy between the silence of spiritual reflection and the performativity of body, sounds and words. The dancer, the musicians, the poet and the painter introduce a dialogue with the other works of art in the space of the museum, evoking the symbols of social order (Arc de Triomphe–for personnal use of Jimmie Durhan), memory and institution (Thinking of You by Jimmie Durhan), evanescence and circulation (Another Kind of Aesthetics from Yangjiang Group). In the space between stillness and action, expansion and retraction, memory and oblivion, indolence and desire, they explore the contemporary constitutions of autonomy and movement.
RAM Free Open Day on 20th June:
1. Free admission to the Museum throughout the day.
2. Opening hours of the day: 10:00-19:00 (last admission: 18:30)
3. 18:00-18:30 RAM Special: Silent Hand – Poetic Dance, live performance on 4th Fl. of the Museum.
* This event is a part of Fête de la Musique.
1. Reservation for group visit on the Free Open Day will not be accepted.
2. RAM members can enjoy priority access in the case of flow control implemented by the museum, as well as complimentary coffee/tea at RAM Café on the 6th Fl.
3. We offer 10% discount off the annual fee for application for RAM membership on the day.
Free admission, No need for reservation.