Live@RAM—Artist in Residency Open for Application
Mar 17, 2016 - Apr 6, 2016 00:00 - 17:00
As one of its major initiatives towards connecting the museum with the forefront exploration of contemporary art and with the public, RAM is happy to announce the new public program for performative art, “Live at RAM”. Drawing on RAM’s unique spaces and excellent exhibition programs, Live@RAM is dedicated to artists active at the forefront of performative practices – practices involving the use of body, which may otherwise be known as contemporary dance, performance art, sound art, new media, experimental music/theatre, or inter-disciplinary projects, under different circumstances. The program combines a 10-day residency at the museum, which leads to a live presentation to the public in the exhibition spaces at RAM at the end. Coinciding with the museum’s annual exhibition program, Live@RAM provides 3 residencies a year, open to applications from all over the world.
Unlike the black box of a theatre or a white box in a museum, the spaces at RAM combine western and Chinese elements and change as the exhibition requires. These challenges make the performances at RAM so different from those happening on the stage.
Moreover, set in spatial and intellectual conversation with the works of the on-going exhibitions, the performances would enjoy a new, provocative framework which provides enriched experiences and meaning-making of the work itself as well as the exhibition on site. The proximity between the performer and the audience would also enable intensive emotional and bodily interactions between the audiences and the artists, which is a rare challenge in other circumstances.... Read More
RAM is proud to offer selected candidates its unique artist residency program inside the museum.
How to apply:
- Only online application will be accepted.
- Application deadline is: April 1st 2016.
- Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Files that you submit have to be following the guideline of “Materials to submit”.
- Please allow one week for the review process. We will connect with you if your application is successful or if extra inform, or a live interview is required.
- Following all information and conditions are checked and agreed, we will contact you to organize your travel to Shanghai and the residency activities.
- Accommodation and return flight/train tickets (economy) for no more than 3 individuals; for group of more than 3 individuals, costs for extra personal travel and stay must be resolved by the applicant or third-party sponsorship for which the museum is happy to facilitate the application.
- A production budget of RMB10,000 - 25,000, depending on proposal and the total costs for travel and stay of the applicant.
- Equipment: SENNHEISER KR200 sound system, projector, screen and gallery space lighting.
- Studio space for research, production and rehearsal
- Support from RAM education expertise and interns
Please note that:
- You may responsible for applying an artist fee from the council of your country with the support from the RAM team.... Read More
1. Proposal of work to produce/present during the residency at RAM
a) Concept of your work:
- how it is related/contributes to the challenges in specific artistic discipline/field of your practice
- how it is related to RAM spaces and/or current exhibition/works
- how it is related to the challenges in contemporary society in Shanghai/China or in global contexts (optional)
b) Description of the work: the process of research, production and presentation
c) Budget for production and presentation
d) Other materials, conditions or support required
2. Previous works/projects
Upload relevant and most representative files of your previous works (picture or demo) and provide briefly introduction.
3. Your biography (Group/collective has to provide full information of each member)
4. Full contact information: phone, email, social media, etc.
Free admission, No need for reservation.